Level IV Senior Systems Engineer
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, capable or writing proposals, performing scopes or work and site surveys without supervision, making presentations to clients.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently and implement ways to automate processes.
- A solid understanding of operating systems, systems administration and other server-based products.
- A solid understanding of networking / distributed computing environment concepts, routing principles, internet and intranet routing, DNS, WINS, WAN and LAN design and configurations.
- Strong presentation skills to assist sales in pre sales process
- Ability to work independently with minimal upper management interference.
- Ability to prioritize goals for self and Level I, II and III engineers
- Ability to manage Level I, II and III engineers and be their support source.
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively schedule others time.
- Clean Driving record and have dependable transportation
- 7 plus years of previous system administrator experience
- Top level certification from either Microsoft, Novell or Cisco products
- A degree in computer science or related field.
- Multiple certifications
- Prior sales or management experience
- Designs / Implements complex local and wide-area networks
- Manages a large, complex site or network
- Works under general direction of senior management
- Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services.
- Works with senior management on establishing staff benchmarks and guidelines
- Provides technical lead and supervises Levels I, II and III engineers
- Assist the scheduler with issues in regards to scheduling conflicts
- Work with Level I, II and III engineers in resolving outstanding issues in timely fashion.
- Work with Level I, II and III engineers on continuing education.